Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
i don't usually give measurements since i never measure. everything depends on my mood...
lao gan ma chili sauce (avaialable at any asian stores, can use chili oil for substitution)
a pinch of salt
cucumber (appx same amout with chicken)
1. chop green onion, coriander and garlic
2. take out the cucumber seeds, slice it
3. place everything in a larger bowl, mix well
4. season with salt, chili sauce, rice vinegar
5. remember to taste before seasoning too much
it goes well with noodles too
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Prep Time 25 Minutes
Cook Time 1 Hour
1 pound Pork Ribs
1 pound Pumpkin Chunks
4 cloves Garlic
1 liter Vegetable Oil
1 whole Medium Size Pumpkin As Container
2 cups Chicken Broth
1 pinch Salt
1 pinch White Pepper
1 pinch Green Scallion For Decoration
0.5 ounces, weight Sesame Seeds
1. empty the medium size pumpkin as the final container. cut a round circle out from the top, save it as the cover. scoop out the seeds, save them for snacks.
2. cut another pumpkin into chunks more or less the same size with pork ribs. chop garlic and green scallion.
3. heat 1 liter vegetable oil, deep fry pumpkin chunks and pork ribs seperately until they change color. (fry pumpkin first.)
4. leave 0.5 oz of oil in pan, save the rest for future use. add chopped garlic until it’s golden. add pumpkin, pork ribs, chicken broth, salt and pepper. cook for an hour until the pork can be easily poked through by a chopstick.
5. removie the cooked ingredients into the emptied pumpkin. add sliced green scallion and sesame seeds for garnish.